The organisers of The Ghana Music Awards UK have always endeavoured to present an award scheme that is representative of the opinion of the general public as well as industry professionals.
For this reason, a selection process has been structured, this year, to up the credibility of the awards scheme.
COLLECTION OF ENTRIES
Artistes Song Submissions Open for all Entries – 1st April 2019 and 1st April 2019
Collection of entries will soon be announced.
A blank list of categories is made available for download and online submissions at www.gmauk.co.uk along with the various category definitions.
Hard copies of the list are also made available to industry practitioners in GHANA and UK via radio (Hot Digital FM, Rainbow Radio UK) TV Stations, Public Event DJ’s etc. Entries are also received from the following:
- Published call for entries in the press and online sites
- Nominations forms submitted by record companies
- Internet search Portals are used to track online releases and to verify dates of release
- Data from mobile content companies are also used to verify releases
- THE BOARD (comprises of expert industry persons from GHANA and UK selected by the GMAUK Team ) and the ACADEMY to complete the shortlisting of the various songs received.
- The board compiles all entries received into the appropriate categories and provides a final nominations list which is published for public voting. This process is followed to provide certified NOMINEES list in the various categories
*29 public voting categories
*2 honorary categories.
To be eligible for the Ghana music UK 2019 nomination, the submitted work must have been released between 1st APRIL 2018 and 1ST APRIL 2019.
The Ghana music awards UK 4th EDITION maintains a new voting pattern THE BOARD, THE PUBLIC and the ACADEMY, with the following percentages:
Public: 40 %
GMA Academy: 20%
GMA Board: 40%
MOST POPULAR SONG OF THE YEAR CATEGORY (ONLY)
GMA Board: 40
PUBLIC : 60 %
Voting shall be done online via the internet on www.gmauk.co.uk , there is possibility for voting on mobile phone via the short codes on key selected mobile networks which will be communicated in due course.