At Ghana Music Awards UK (GMAUK), we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all the companies and businesses within our group.
We need to ensure that the information we hold on you is always accurate, therefore from time to time, we may need to contact you to update our records. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Ghana Music Awards UK, 92 Murray Grove, London, N1 7QJ or you can telephone +447598783082.
Who are we?
The Ghana music awards UK is largely a people’s choice awards scheme that seeks to foster and expand the development of the Ghanaian music industry both home and abroad into an international market for global recognition of Ghanaian creative works. The scheme is established to create an open market for collaboration, sales, new music trends, cultural exchanges, marketing opportunities and several benefits to be accessed by Ghanaian musicians in the United Kingdom.
The scheme is also to appreciate those working in the music industry who have released works that have generated the wildest public excitement within the specified period of contention with an amazing stage crafts for world class entertainment. As an award scheme the GMAUK recognises the hard work of our veteran musicians who have contributed immensely to the development of the arts over the past years and for reasons are not active in the field of work to compete whom we refer to as the veterans.
The expectation of the organisers of the scheme is to make the GHANA MUSIC AWARDS UK brand the biggest music festival to be held yearly in the United Kingdom awarding excellence and creativity and giving an equal opportunity for Ghanaians in the diaspora to compete with their local counterparts in one platforms of excellence.
The Ghana Music Awards UK is an annual program organised by (Alordia Promotions & West Coast UK) and ably supported this year by the MUSICIANS UNION OF GHANA (MUSIGA) and the MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND CREATIVE ARTS.
GMAUK are registered in the UK with registered number 07768925 and registered office address 92 Murray Grove, London, N1 7QJ
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will include your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account, payment credit card details, IP address, business address, business emails, financial information and Photographs.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you via:
• Telephone, email, post
• when you use our website, social media handles such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn when you contacting us about products and services, to nominate, to purchase our events tickets, to exhibit, to advertise and if you register to receive our newsletters and general information enquiry.
• Photo for Judges, Finalist, Hosts, Artistes and Winners will be posted on our website and all our social media handles
• Devices: Information about any device you have used to access our Services i.e. IP address, make and model, browser.
How is your information used?
• We try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them.
• If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
• If you submit a nomination or vote online or email to GMAUK Team enquiring services and products from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
• To process a nomination or vote that you have entered
• To Pass on to Judges for the sole purpose of choosing a category to match and for selections for GMAUK entry that you have submitted;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
• To contact you about products and services from us
• To enter into our online advertising competition;
• To seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• To notify you of changes to our services;
• To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest
to you. Which includes information such as campaigns, newsletters, special offers and for future events by GMAUK
• Activities, promotions of our associated companies’ goods and services;
How long do we hold your information?
• We review our retention periods for personal information on a bi-annual basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our contractual obligations within legal requirements.
• We will hold your personal information on our systems for 5 years for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Who has access to your information?
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
• Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf maybe passed your information to fulfil their contractual obligations with our company such as Shoobs, Eventbrite, Consultants working directly with GMAUK team, agents, subcontractors, Event Sponsors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (i.e. to process nominations, exhibitions, printing and networking events and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the GMAUK Network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless it’s agreed as part of a contractual agreement with GMAUK, you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
• You have the right to object to us processing your personal information
• You have the right to request for your information to be deleted
• You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the vital work we do for people in the community and our exciting services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
• We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on +447598783082
How you can access and update your information
• The accuracy of your information is important to us. I you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at Ghana Music Awards UK, 92 Murray Grove, London, N1 7QD or you can telephone +447598783082
• Our Newsletter will also have a link to update information.
• You have the right to ask for a copy of the information GMAUK hold about you. Any unreasonable request may incur a fee.
Where we store your data and Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
• Your information is stored on an encrypted laptop and this is kept in a secure office location in The Netherlands
• We will be sending all personal information to our judges via secure emails (password protected) and other Encrypted hardware devices.
• Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How we use your information to make automated decisions
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have – or are allowed to collect from others – about you or your business. This helps us to make sure our decisions are quick, fair, efficient and correct, based on what we know. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we may offer you now or in the future, or the price that we charge you for them.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Our ‘cookies’ are used to store basic information, like your user identification. They do not store password or credit card information. ‘Cookies’ are used to help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts that you see. We use these ‘cookies’ to display products and services that we think will interest you, both on our website and on other websites across the internet.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Review of this Policy
This Policy will be regularly reviewed. This Policy was last updated in August 2018.
Ghana Music Awards UK (GMAUK) prides itself in promoting and exhibiting Ghanaian Culture, Entertainment and Arts within the United Kingdom and Globally.
Ghana Music Awards UK is dedicated, committed and enthusiastic in raising awareness of the Ghanaian Culture and Heritage in the UK and worldwide through various Entertainment platforms.
It’s the aim of Ghana Music Awards UK to continue to recognise the achievements of Ghanaian musicians’ whist paying tributes to some outstanding personalities for their contribution to the music industry and Ghanaian Community.
General, Press & Sales Enquiries
Ghana Music Awards UK
92 Murray Grove London
© 2018 Ghana Music Awards UK (GMAUK)